Kanji vada is a traditional holi recipe prepared in almost all the houses. To change the sweet taste bud, just grab a bowl of kanji vada and enjoy the sour and salty blend of the juicy chaat! Check out the easy kanji vada recipe to prepare this holi.
Kanji vada, holi recipe:
1 kg urad dal
5-6 green chillies grated
4 tsp coriander seeds
4 tsp rai grounded
2 ½ tsp red chilli powder
oil for frying
red chilli powder
zeera (cumin) powder
Directions to make kanji vada recipe:
1. Soak urad dal overnight in water. Grind in to a fine paste in the morning and whisk well to make it thick and fluffy.
2. Add grated green chillies and salt in the urad dal paste. Mix well and make vada balls.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the balls until brown. Put in tissue paper.
4. In a bowl, add water, rai and red chilli powder and mix well. Now soak the kanji vadas in the water solution. Take out the vada before serving and squeeze out kanji (water solution).
Yogurt masala preparation:
1. Whisk yogurt and add little water.
2. Add sugar, red chilli powder, salt and zeera powder in the yogurt solution.
Serve kanji vada with yogurt masala. You can also have kanji vada with tamarind chutney.